For safety reasons we inspect our apartments on a regular basis. We need your help and cooperation in the following matters in order to maintain a safe and healthy environment for you and your neighbors to live. If you recurrently do not abide by the following request to aid in your safety you will force us to terminate your lease in order to help insure the safety of your neighbors.
- Smoke detectors chirp when the batteries are going out. Please replace them when they start chirping. A 9-volt battery is required. If chirping persists, call maintenance to replace the Smoke Detector.
- Do not place furniture or other items in front of the Water Heater closets. We must have immediate access to the closets to check for leaks and any fire hazards.
- Please make sure the sinks are clean and clear of all items so we can check the disposals, faucets and drains for any potential issues.
- Please make sure stoves and oven are clean and clear, again to check for any potential issues. Spilled food can be a fire hazard. Please make sure you clean the top of your range hood. Typically a mild cleaner can be used to keep this free from grease and dust. If you don’t clean it very often you will have to use Soft Scrub or something of that nature to cut through the grease. Please do not use anything that will scratch the paint.
- We must have free, clear and easy access to all smoke detectors and bathrooms. Please do not store or place items in the way. We need to be able to see ceilings for potential water problems. Do not stack items all the way to the ceiling. Keep items such as clothing picked up off the floor. We must have immediate access to the attic access if it is in your apartment. Please don’t fill closets so full that they would have to be emptied to get to the access if the access is in that closet.
- Report any abnormal water issues immediately. Failure to do so can be costly to you.
- Tenants are responsible for changing their own light bulbs except in vaulted ceilings. Please make sure you replace any that are out before inspection so we can make sure the fixture is working properly.